What We Do
The Office of the Ombudsman for the Postal Sector deals with all disputes regarding national and international items bearing a maximum weight of 31,5 kilograms.
- it mediates in disputes regarding all activities of bpost (with the exception of bpost bank) or the products it subcontracts
- it mediates in cases regarding postal activities of other companies that are active on the Belgian market
The Office of the Ombudsman for the Postal Sector does not have jurisdiction in the following cases:
- primary complaints
- complaints by telephone
- anonymous complaints
- disputes regarding postal operator human resources disputes
- disputes among the postal companies
- complaints between the client and the company that are being or have been dealt with by a court of law
Who Has Access To Mediation?
Individuals, companies, associations, organisations, ... based in belgium or abroad:
- both shippers and addressees
- either based in Belgium or abroad
for as long as the concerned case is related to a dispute with a postal operator active on Belgian soil and that the plaintiff submitted his complaint to the postal operator in the first place following its internal procedure.